The Respite Cooperative Program is designed to provide a monthly respite opportunity for parents of children with special needs.
- Serves children ages 1-12 years old who have been identified as having developmental delays and/or disability, and their typically developing siblings
- A caregiver to child ratio of 1:3 is maintained to ensure the safety of children participating in the EEIC Respite Cooperative.
- No charge to participate. Rather, this model of Respite Care requires that the parents enroll in the Cooperative, and take turns on a rotating basis serving as one of the volunteer caregivers.
- Children play indoors and outdoors, when weather allows, watch movies, and eat dinner while their parents enjoy a much needed respite.
- A specific diagnosis is not required for enrollment.
- Nationally accredited by Council on Accreditation.
- Meets once a month for three hours on a Saturday evening in Epworth’s Early Intervention Center.