To Admit A Child
To admit a child into care at Epworth, please refer the child to the Epworth Admissions Department at the contact information below. Referrals are accepted from private families and government entities.
If you are in need of Emergency Crisis Intervention with your child, please call 911, 1-800-4-A-CHILD, or 1-855-4-A-PARENT.
Epworth Admissions Department
Direct Phone & Fax: (803) 748-2815
The Epworth Difference
Epworth does more than provide safety, shelter and meals. Each child receives comprehensive care—medical, physical, educational, spiritual and emotional—to transform lives and create hopeful futures. Some highlights of the Epworth Residential Care program include:
- DSS Universal Application accepted, offer emergency placements whenever appropriate
- Provides completed monthly summaries and comprehensive care
plans to DSS workers
- Transportation to clinical, medical, dental and vision appointments
- Facilities, supervision and transportation provided for family visitation
- Sibling placement specialty
- On campus Case Manager assigned to each resident
- On campus clinical services include:
- Individual counseling
- Family counseling (Free to family)
- Parenting classes (Free to family)
- Substance abuse education, prevention and counseling
- Annual physicals completed on campus
- Award winning public schools (Richland One School District: Dreher High, Hand Middle, Brennen Elementary)
- After school tutorial and summer enrichment programs at Epworth’s Barnes Learning Center
- On campus Health Center with 24 hour medical support staff
- USDA approved nutritious snack and meal options served by dining hall staff
- On campus recreation including: gymnasium, swimming pool supervised by a certified life guard
- Independent Living/Higher Education Program offered to qualified residents
- Midlands Family Care Center on campus for mothers and their children at risk of losing custody due to substance abuse
- Government placements make up an average of 80% of Epworth’s total population. The State of SC becomes the legal guardian of the child while he/she lives at Epworth.
- 24 Hour Admission
- Full-time Spiritual Mentor and Pastor on campus
- Access to individualized activities and extracurricular activities
Epworth is a contract provider for the South Carolina Department of Social Services and nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation.