LCR’s are identified for each United Methodist congregation in the South Carolina Conference. The role of the LCR is to be the face and voice of the children of Epworth Children’s Home for his or her congregation. The LCR is an extension of the Epworth staff and the key story teller. We ask that each church in the conference select one lay person to serve in the capacity of LCR for Epworth. It’s helpful if the person selected has a passion for serving children.
Please ask your minister if your congregation has an LCR for Epworth. If not, perhaps you would consider serving in this ministry? If you would like more information about serving as an LCR, please contact Rev. Meg Cook or 803-256-7394.
Each winter LCR’s are invited to Epworth’s campus for training, a tour and a meal with the children. During the training we will outline LCR duties and provide LCR’s with materials to assist them in their role as the face and voice of the children of Epworth. The training materials are linked below:
Specific Duties in Regards to Special Epworth Offerings
Epworth has two regular special offerings each calendar year; one is on Mother’s Day and the other falls on the second Sunday of September and is called Work Day. Eight weeks prior to the offerings, each pastor should receive a packet of order information for the perspective offering.
- LCR’s should check in with their pastors to ensure receipt of the offering order packet. An email will be sent to all LCR’s on the day the packets go in the mail.
- Be sure that your church secretary includes all the announcements found in the packet in your church newsletter and bulletins in the weeks leading up to the offering.
- Show the video if possible one or two weeks prior to the offering.
- Use the provided script or write your own script to use the two weeks prior to the offering as a ministry moment in worship.
- Answer any questions your congregation might have about Epworth and/or call us to find out the answers and report back.
Our thanks to each and every one of our LCR’s for their passion for the children who call Epworth home, because with the help of LCR’s and faithful giving from our churches, Epworth is proud to serve children by meeting their needs, both small and large.