Request Your Mother's Day Offering Materials
I send greetings from the children and staff at Epworth Children’s Home, and send this letter as a reminder that Mother’s Day this year is Sunday, May 10th. Our Annual Conference has designated this day as a time to promote children’s ministry through Epworth, and to take a special offering for God’s work through Epworth. Epworth is not an apportioned item and it relies heavily on the offerings received on Mother’s Day and Work Day to provide quality care to the 100 plus individuals who are in Epworth’s care at any given moment.
I realize this request comes during an uncertain time for us as United Methodist and as people who are facing uncertainty in the health care arena. I am certain that your congregation, like Epworth, has seen its financial resources negatively affected by the quarantine and other measures that now exists. We are not certain that the current restrictions will be lifted by Mother’s Day.
I am asking that you order materials for your church in the hope that before Mother’s Day we will be in a better position as a church. In the event we need to postpone the offering date, we can suggest another Sunday, and have a “Mother’s Day in July” offering or something similar.
Please allow your members to participate in this ministry to children and families by not only ordering and using the promotional materials, but also by telling your congregation about the work taking place at Epworth, and by praying for the work to be strengthened and multiplied. As the pastor of your congregation, your visible passion and intentional voice in support of the ministry and the offering play a direct role in the success of the offering. In other words, if you make a sincere appeal, your people will respond. What better way is there to support the conference initiatives to combat poverty and illiteracy than to support children who have tasted both?
As you actively participate in promoting the annual Epworth Mother’s Day Offering, please remember all gifts received from your congregation will be counted towards your church’s minimum goal of $6.00 per member. Together we can surpass this goal and advance the ministry provided to children by your church and our conference.
Please request your materials by clicking here:
(all materials are free)
- 2020 Mother’s Day Poster
- 2020 Mother’s Day Bulletin Insert
- 2020 Bulletin Announcements
- 2020 LCR Ministry Moments
Just follow these steps and your congregation’s offering will be a success:
- Order and hang posters by Sunday, April 19th, 2020.
- Print the enclosed bulletin announcements on the designated Sundays.
- Make it a priority to say a personal note about your own support of Epworth and the children.
- Draw attention to the offering through announcements by allowing your LCR a ministry moment.
- Order and use bulletin inserts and envelopes in each bulletin on Sunday, May 10th, 2020.
- Take time to thank your congregation for their faithful participation by announcing the total amount raised for the ministry.
I thank you in advance for your faithfulness.