Request Your Mother's Day Offering Materials
I send greetings from the children and staff at Epworth Children’s Home, and send this letter as a reminder that Mother’s Day this year is Sunday, May 8th. Our Annual Conference has designated this day as a time to promote children’s ministry through Epworth, and to take a special offering for God’s work through Epworth. Epworth is not an apportioned item and it relies heavily on the offerings received on Mother’s Day and Work Day to provide quality care to the 100 plus individuals who are in Epworth’s care at any given moment.
I am asking that you order materials for your church in the hope that before Mother’s Day we will be in a better position as a church. Last year many churches were creative with Mother’s Day offerings. Here are a few examples:
- Send an email reminding your congregation of the upcoming special Mother’s Day offering.
- Post the Mother’s Day offering bulletin insert or poster on your church social media channels.
- Use one of Epworth’s videos to show during your live or online service.
- Videos are available at https://vimeo.com/user137536566.
Please allow your members to participate in this ministry to children and families by not only ordering and using the promotional materials, but also by telling your congregation about the work taking place at Epworth, and by praying for the work to be strengthened and multiplied. As the pastor of your congregation, your visible passion and intentional voice in support of the ministry and the offering play a direct role in the success of the offering. In other words, if you make a sincere appeal, your people will respond. What better way is there to support the conference initiatives to combat poverty and illiteracy than to support children who have tasted both?
As you actively participate in promoting the annual Epworth Mother’s Day Offering, please remember all gifts received from your congregation will be counted towards your church’s minimum goal of $6.00 per member. Together we can surpass this goal and advance the ministry provided to children by your church and our conference.
Please request your materials by clicking here:
(all materials are free)
- 2022 Mother’s Day Poster
- 2022 Mother’s Day Bulletin Insert
- 2022 Worship Announcements
- 2022 Bulletin and Social Media Announcements
Follow these steps and your congregation’s offering will be a success:
- Order and hang posters by Sunday, April 17th, 2022.
- Print the enclosed bulletin announcements on the designated Sundays.
- Make it a priority to say a personal note about your own support of Epworth and the children.
- Draw attention to the offering through announcements by allowing your LCR a ministry moment.
- Order and use bulletin inserts and envelopes in each bulletin on Sunday, May 8th, 2022.
- Take time to thank your congregation for their faithful participation by announcing the total amount raised for the ministry.
I thank you in advance for your faithfulness.