Order Your Work Day Materials
The past year has been a difficult one and I hope you are progressing toward reopening and bringing your flock back together. At Epworth, we feel blessed to be returning to some normalcy and opening up our campus again as staff and others receive their vaccine and create a safe environment. It has been a tough year for many of us but we “give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will” 1 Thessalonians 5:18. We give thanks for you as your love and support are true blessings for us!
Over the years the emphasis has changed a bit, but its importance is still very much alive. The goal for the Annual Conference is for each member to contribute a minimum of $6.00. It is an achievable goal for everyone, and with your enthusiastic support of the Work Day offering we can reach and even surpass this goal. Remember, Epworth is not an apportioned item and relies heavily on this offering to provide for the children who are in our care each day.
We know you will find that encouraging your congregation to give generously to God’s ministry to children will deepen your congregation’s level of discipleship, and extend its ministry beyond its walls. An Epworth offering helps children heal, grow, learn and become responsible adults.
I want to thank you for all you are doing and will do for the children of Epworth.
Just follow these steps and your congregation’s offering will be a success:
1. Order and hang posters by Sunday, August 15, 2021.
2. Print the enclosed bulletin announcements on the designated Sundays.
3. Make it a priority to say a personal note about your own support of Epworth and the children.
4. Draw attention to the offering through announcements by allowing your Local Church Representative a ministry moment.
5. Order and use bulletin inserts and envelopes in each bulletin on Sunday, September 12th, 2021.
6. Take time to thank your congregation for their faithful participation by announcing the total amount raised for the ministry.
You may also use the following links to help promote the Work Day offering to your congregation:
Wishing you the very best and thanking you in advance,
President, Epworth Children’s Home