One of the most important aspects of growing up is having fun! Our recreation staff members coordinate a variety of activities for our children and youth, both on and off-campus. Some of the activities are provided by Epworth directly, while others are organized and led by groups such as Cottage Partners or local businesses.
Some of the exciting and enriching activities we arrange for residents:
- Participation in the United Methodist Basketball League
- Organized team sports
- After-school clubs and programs such as chorus and band
- Trips to locations never visited by some of our children – like the beach
- Outings to the movies, bowling and shopping
- Etiquette classes
- Attendance at college sporting events
- Special guest speakers
- Summer camp
Another important aspect of growing up is learning to serve. Our children and youth participate in community service activities and volunteer opportunities at places like the soup kitchen, Harvest Hope Food Bank and Home Works. This teaches the children the gift of care for others, while expanding their understanding of the world and community around them.
If you or a group would like to organize an activity for the children, please contact Epworth at 803-256-7394.