Epworth is looking forward to scheduling your visits for the 2015 calendar year. Please feel free to complete the online Activity Request form for all upcoming cottage partner visits. Epworth is thankful for your willingness to serve and would like to give you this opportunity to plan your upcoming campus events and activities before the calendar is full. You are encouraged to request dates in advance, but we do ask for each requested date to be filled out on an Activity Request form.
Suggestions for events you can host during the year:
- Host a back to school bash with outdoor games, a cook out, or shopping trip for your cottage.
- Attend The Columbia Greek Festival for lunch or dinner.
- Host dinner and a movie on campus.
- Friday Night Tailgate at ECH– Cheer the Dreher High School Blue Devils to victory by hosting a tailgate. Join the cottage by sponsoring season tickets to the games.
- Host a Halloween cottage decorating party – Each year at Halloween the entire campus competes for the most spooktacular cottage.
- Take part in shopping with the cottage for Halloween Costumes – Our children will be able to wear their Halloween costumes to our campus Halloween Carnival.
- Take part in the South Carolina State Fair.
- Plan a trip to Riverbanks Zoo to see the Lights Before Christmas.
- Host a small Thanksgiving dinner with your cottage.
- Visit a local pumpkin patch to buy and decorate pumpkins with your cottage.
- Host a Christmas decorating party for your cottage. Come out and show your holiday spirit by decorating the exterior of the cottage.
- **Please email Beth Robinson at email@example.com to RSVP for the event.
- Join us for The Epworth Christmas Pageant and Dinner. (Date and Time TBA)
- Attend a local performance of the Nutcracker, The Singing Christmas Tree, Trans Siberian Orchestra, etc. with your cottage.
- Attend the basketball tournament to cheer on the Epworth Eagles.
- Host a game night with board games.
- Supply Valentine’s Day Cards for the children to use at school when exchanging cards and candy with classmates
- Host a Super Bowl party.
- Plan a Valentine’s Day event.
- Host a basketball game with your cottage on campus.
- Plan a St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
- All of our senior high school students will be attending prom, if you are interested in taking part in this exciting time, please contact Beth Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pick strawberries at Cottle Strawberry Farm.
- Host a field day on campus with your cottage.
- Take part in a volleyball game on the sand volleyball court on campus.
- Send mail or letters to those attending Asbury Hills Summer Camp and Salkehatchie Summer Service.
- Provide a child with a summer camp supply bag.
- Host a craft day with your cottage.
- Make homemade ice cream for an ice cream party.
- Plan a day/overnight trip to the beach with your cottage.
Looking to provide tickets to a certain place or exhibits? Consider the following:
- Blowfish Baseball
- Columbia Disc Golf Club
- Chuck E. Cheese
- Columbia Marionette Theatre
- Columbia Museum of Art
- Corn Maze
- EdVenture Museum
- Frankie’s Fun Park
- Leapin’ Lizards
- Monkey Joe’s
- Movie Theaters
- Palmetto Fall Water Park at Fort Jackson
- Palmetto Greens Miniature Golf
- Richland County Public Library
- Riverbanks Zoo and Gardens
- South Carolina Philharmonic
- South Carolina Railroad Museum
- State Museum
- Summer Camps
- The Plex
- USC Athletics – Home Games
Anytime activities for you to take part in- on campus or in the cottage-
- Sunday morning worship service at 11:00 am- please schedule to join us and meet our pastor, Rev. Meg Cook
- Epworth Basketball Games
- Prepare dinner with the cottage- please be as self sufficient as possible. (Fire regulations prohibit any surface frying or cooking with oil.)
- Karaoke Party
- Birthday Parties
- Provide a meal for the cottage
- Devotion/Bible Study
- Game Night
- Field Day
- Bike Riding
- Meal in the dining hall
We also would like for you to consider hosting events on days when the children may be out of school. Click here for the Richland District One school calendar.
Please know that as a volunteer, we are eager to hear of any suggestions you may have in hopes to provide the best possible events and activities for our children. If you have any special talents that you would like to highlight, please feel free to contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Beth Robinson at email@example.com. Epworth takes pride in all that you do for the child in which you partner with. I look forward to working with you.