Epworth Children’s Home has a new Counseling Center serving the Midlands!
• Outpatient counseling for children, teens, and adults
• Licensed and trained therapists who specialize in treating mental, behavioral, and substance use concerns
• Parenting classes offered
• Offering Individual, Family, and Group Therapy
• Community Referrals Welcome
CLICK HERE to make a referral.
Call 803-667-4697 to schedule an appointment!
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
after hours by appointment only
1154 Sunnyside Dr.
Columbia, SC 29204
Behavioral Health Screenings
Behavioral Health Screenings provide early identification of behavioral health issues. They are utilized to facilitate appropriate referral for a more focused assessment and/or treatment. BHS is designed to quickly identify behavioral health issues and/or risk of development of behavioral health problems and/or substance abuse.
Diagnostics assessments are utilized to determine the need for services by establishing medical necessity. They are also used to help the clinician establish and/or confirm a diagnosis so an effective course of treatment can be identified. The initial assessment is used to determine the client’s mental status, social functioning, and to identify any physical or medical conditions. If a family member or guardian is available, they may be included in the clinical interview.
- Individual Counseling is designed to help the client reach their goals, improve their quality of life, and to increase their self-efficacy. The relationship between the client and therapist is fostered in a supportive environment and emphasizes the importance of collaboration. Epworth provides individual therapy for all ages.
- Group Therapy is a service intervention designed to highlight commonalities of psychosocial stressors that typically cause some form of challenges in an individual’s life. Group therapy captures the idea that people can learn from one another while learning how to express and accept constructive feedback. It serves to enhance social support and improve overall daily functioning.
- Family Therapy looks at the structure and foundation of one’s immediate environment and how generational patterns may impact the way one perceives their role within a family structure. In addition, it allows family members to speak openly and honestly to work on boundary setting, clarify expectations, and improve any conflict within the home. Family Therapy aims to heal relationships which can then improve quality of life outside of the home.
Crisis Management is a short-term service designed to assist someone who is experiencing a crisis that is leading to deterioration in coping and functioning.The purpose of this therapeutic intervention is to help the client return to a previous level of functioning and/or to stabilize the client.
New Client Paperwork:
Meet the Staff
Emma Rava, LISW-CP, is the Director of the Epworth Center for Counseling. Emma is a native of Northern Virginia, and a graduate of the University of Maryland Baltimore County. She earned her Master’s degree in Social Work at the University of South Carolina. Emma has served as a supervisor for licensed clinicians and has worked in a variety of clinical, behavioral, and mental health settings.
Brittany Bradley, LPC-A is a Clinical Counselor for the Epworth Center for Counseling. Brittany is a Licensed Professional Counselor Associate. She has experience working with children, teens and adults in individual and group settings. She received her Master’s in Clinical Mental Health from Columbia International University.
Jackie Griffin, , M. Ed, LPC is a Clinical Counselor for the Epworth Center for Counseling Pee Dee Outpost. Jackie has experience working with children and adults in a variety of settings. She received her Master’s from the University of Maryland College Park in the field of Counseling and Personnel Services.
Joeli Mulligan is an intern for the Epworth Center for Counseling. Joeli is pursuing her Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Columbia International University. She has experience teaching/training children and adults in group settings and is conducting her graduate level field training at the Epworth Center for Counseling.
Victoria Frierson is an Intern for the Epworth Center for Counseling. Victoria is currently working towards her Masters in the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program at Columbia International University. She is excited to partner with Epworth in her process of growth and learning.