Volunteer certification requirements vary depending on the area of service. Requirements are also outlined in our information packet linked below.
Requirements if Volunteering to Work Directly with Epworth Residents (as Cottage Partners)
- Volunteers must be at least 21 years of age to work with the residents.
- Each volunteer must complete a:
- Each volunteer must provide 3 references.
- Volunteers must attend Volunteer Guidelines & Expectations Training.
Other Great Individual and Group Volunteer Opportunities
You or your organization, business or church group can also volunteer to help with landscaping, special events, Epworth resource closets, fundraisers, facility repairs and improvements, and other much needed projects that do not involve direct contact with our residents. If you’re interested in performing this type of volunteer work, please have each volunteer submit a Volunteer Application.
If your group would like to complete a project, your group coordinator must also submit a Volunteer Activity Request Form. If you would like to discuss your idea with our volunteer coordinator before submitting your project idea, contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-256-7394.
Guidelines and Campus Map
- Volunteer Guidlines and Boundaries (Updated 2023)
- Volunteer Information Packet (Updated 2023)
- Campus Map
- Volunteer Application (All volunteers must submit this form)
- DSS Central Registry Request Form for Volunteers (Required for volunteers working directly with residents)
- SLED Background Authorization for Volunteers (Required for volunteers working directly with residents)
- Volunteer/Activity Request Form (Volunteer project coordinators must submit this form)